COVID-19 Rapid Testing
Provides automated and objective results in 15 minutes, allowing for testing of patients suspected of COVID-19/2019-nCoV in near-patient testing environments.
- An antigen is a molecule or structure present on the outside of a pathogen.
- Antigen tests are typically used for the early identification of an active infection in symptomatic patients.
- These tests identify the virus through the detection of nucleoproteins, like influenza tests.
- Viral antigens can often be detected in samples taken from nasal passages and the throat.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends using a test that detects the SARS-CoV-2 virus, such as one that checks respiratory samples, to test for active infection.