Hair & Nail Drug Testing
You may be wondering what the difference is between a hair and nail drug test and which one is right for you.
A hair drug test detects drug usage for 90 days or longer, making it a good option for testing for long-term use. On the other hand, a nail drug test is capable of measuring drug use over eight- months, providing results in one to three days. It’s an ideal alternative to the hair test, offering a “big picture” report.
Types of Hair & Nail Drug
Tests We Offer:
- 5 Panel Hair & Nail Drug Test
- 7 Panel Hair & Nail Drug Test
- 10 Panel Hair & Nail Drug Test
- The 5, 7, and 10 Panel Hair & Nail Drug Test is lab-based and is a comprehensive screening test that looks for recent use of commonly abused drug substances. The multiple panel Hair & Nail Drug Tests can typically detect drug use up to 90 days or more. Most drugs will become detectable in hair starting at 7-10 days after use.
- ETG (Alcohol Metabolite) for Hair & Nails
- Ethyl glucuronide (EtG) is a direct metabolite of ethanol, which is formed by the enzymatic conjugation of ethanol with glucuronic acid. Alcohol in the urine is normally detected for only a few hours versus several days for EtG. EtG, therefore, can be used to monitor compliance programs for abstinence from alcohol.
- Expanded Opiate
- The Hair & Nail Expanded Opiate Drug Test is a lab-based test that detects the same commonly abused drug substances in a hair & nail sample as a standard hair & nail test while also incorporating a larger selection of Opiates.
- At ARCpoint Labs of Milwaukee North, we offer ChildGuard® to all our Hair & Nail Panel Drug Tests. ChildGuard® is the only drug test designed to detect passive exposure to drugs, distinguishing between both native drugs and drug metabolites in hair specimens. Drug metabolites are produced in the body only if drugs have been ingested. Children in drug- exposed environments are most often not drug users themselves, so drug metabolites are typically absent when a child is being tested for drug exposure.
Please call ARCpoint Labs of Milwaukee North to learn more about the other Hair & Nail Drug Tests we offer.